I believe that many WhatsApp users experience a sudden lack of memory on their phones due to the fact that Whatsapp is automatically set to back up data to the local memory and a connected cloud service. Actually, it’s the same case with GB WhatsApp. However, stop restoring media in GB WhatsApp can be solved. Without further ado, let’s get started!
First: Do you know why you need to stop back up GB WhatsApp data on your phone?
- Consideration of mobile phone security risks
- This is the most important reason, which is of great concern to many users in the process of using.
- It will cause the phone to run out of storage
- Media files such as photos and videos are automatically saved to the local storage. In the long run, the storage is definitely running low.
GB WhatsApp Official
Official Website: gbws.app
Here for more info about GB WhatsApp
Second: How to stop restoring media on Android phone?
When you use GB WhatsApp on Android it will link to your Google account. The method for Android phone is much easier which is by correcting the frequency of the auto-backup. Now follow me to change it.
- Go to Settings. Launch the GB WhatsApp first, then you will see the chat screen.
- Click on the 3 dots which is on the top right place.
- Then you will go to the GB WhatsApp settings, Select Chats
- Select Chat backup and tap on “Back up to Google Drive” which is under “Google Drive Settings”.
- Then select “Never” and GB WhatsApp will stop backing up data to the Google Drive.
Remember: Turn off Media visibility option. Because if you do not turn it off, it will download the media files directly to your phone gallery.
Third: How to stop restoring media on iPhone phone.
Most iPhone users will put there data in icloud, But it usually has not enough storage. GB WhatsApp is no exception, it will back up their data in icloud. Therefore, if you want to stop restoring media on iPhone please follow the steps as below:
- Open Settings then tap the name of your iPhone.
- Select icloud. Then please find the GB WhatsApp.
- Switch the toggle to ‘OFF’ to disable backups. This will prevent WhatsApp from uploading data, including backups to iCloud.
- Launch your GB WhatsApp on your iPhone. Then tap on Settings.
- Select Chats and Chat Backup for next.
- Now you will see the Option of Auto Backup, click on it to off. In here you already stopped restore media on your iPhone.
These methods can be converted, and when you want to back up, you can choose again.
You can click the button below to find out the details of GB WhatsApp latest version.